Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Buy stocks in your friends, Increase your online network and have loads of fun with #EmpireAvenue

Amplify’d from mashable.com

HOW TO: Buy and Sell Shares of Your Friends

Quick Pitch: Buy and sell virtual shares in people and brands, with stock prices determined by influence and activity on blogs, Facebook (Facebook), Twitter (Twitter), etc.

Genius Idea: Empire Avenue is a virtual online influence stock exchange game that uses people or websites as sticker symbols. Yes, that means you can buy and sell shares in your friends and they can buy and sell shares in you!

Purely as a game, Empire Avenue is incredibly addictive. Within a few minutes of signing up, filling out my profile, connecting my profile links and creating my own stock symbol (FILM), I was already getting notifications that people were buying shares of me, and subsequently I started looking at ways to buy shares in others. Obviously the goal is to be able to amass not only a valuable portfolio of people you follow and invest in, but to also build value in your own personal stock.

Read more at mashable.com

No comments:

Post a Comment