Pumpkin Cookies for the Kids
- 1 cup butter flavored shortening
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (16 ounce) container cream cheese frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter flavored shortening and sugar. Beat in the egg and vanilla, then stir in the pumpkin puree. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and vanilla instant pudding mix; gradually mix into the pumpkin mixture. Roll into walnut sized balls and place them 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly browned at the edges. Allow to cool completely before frosting with cream cheese frosting.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 170 | Total Fat: 9.2g | Cholesterol: 6mg
Red Death Cocktail for the adults
- 1 fluid ounce sloe gin
- 1 fluid ounce Southern Comfort liqueur
- 1 fluid ounce vodka
- 2 fluid ounces lime rum
- 1 fluid ounce triple sec
- 1 fluid ounce amaretto liqueur
- 1 fluid ounce Galliano liqueur
- 1/2 fluid ounce grenadine syrup
- 6 fluid ounces orange juice
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Pour the sloe gin, Southern Comfort, vodka, rum, triple sec, amaretto, Galliano, grenadine, and orange juice into a cocktail shaker over ice. Cover, and shake until the outside of the shaker has frosted. Strain into a tumbler filled with ice.