Thursday, October 7, 2010

Facebook Groups: Creating a HUGE BUZZ

One of the few things that was lacking with Facebook was the underdevelopment of Groups. I've always wondered what was the purpose of Groups?  I mean you have Facebook pages, then you have Community Pages. GROUPS just never seemed to serve a purpose, so I was never a fan.

However now Facebook has revamped Groups and it is starting a very loud Buzz of excitement about the new features that are offered. It is essentially, a little community within your group of friends that can share discussions, notes and even chat among the group members by using the Group Chat feature. Read more about this new and buzzworthy revamped Group option that Facebook has rolled out.

I always have topics that I talk about that have a dozen or so of my friends participating in on my wall at any given time. One is The Philadelphia Eagles and the other is  QR Codes Marketing So usually before the introduction of the new Groups fuction, I would have to make sure I hid those feeds from my friends that may not have an interest in either. 

So of course, in all of my excitement, I went ahead and created two groups, one for the Philadelphia Eagles and  The Future of Marketing by way of QR Codes.  

The Great thing about this is as stated before is that this presents the opportunity to create little niche groups within your network for discussions, dialogue in an open forum style.  So I hope to see you in my group, but most importantly I'd like to see you take the new and improved Facebook Groups function for a spin. Let me know what you think on my AniseSmith Facebook Page , Join the fray in the QR Code Marketing Group or Create a Group of your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment