Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Wednesday book selection: Googled: The End of the World As We Know It

I was one of the very early adopters of The Internet, when there was just text and very minimal images, in about 1997 or 1998.  I was amazed and awestruck at the amount of information that could be found, literally at my finger tips.  The more technology expanded and grew the more my interest in this amazing technology grew.  At one time there were many search engines just milling about in harmony to be used by enamored geeks like myself. There was, of course Yahoo, but there were also others such as LookSmart, DogPile, Metacrawler and AskJeeves just to name a few.

...and then comes along the big Pacman of Search, GOOGLE which literally gobbled up it's competiton with it's superior services and vast technological reach. Google has taken hold and not let loose in may years. If there is a such thing as being a player in the game, Google is NOT a player but the GAME itself.

So my Wednesday book selection is, Googled: The End of The World As We Know It.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment