Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Flock declares war on RockMelt Social Browser

Can't we all just get along?? LOL It seems that RockMelt may have ruffled or should I say "Melted" (yes I'm laughing at my own goofy pun) the feathers of self proclaimed competitor Flock. Well, I must say that this is very interesting. I am familiar with RockMelt Social Browser and I LOVE it. Did I say I LOVE IT! Well, I've never heard of Flock but I may check it out.

Amplify’d from mashable.com

Flock Social Browser Declares War on RockMelt With Version 3.5

Flock, the self-described “social web browser,” is responding to the launch of RockMelt with the release of Flock 3.5, which boasts greater speed and added functionality.

Flock vs. RockMelt

The browser touts social integration, primarily through a sidebar that lets users update their Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn statuses. It also has a multitude of link-sharing features, the ability to group friends across multiple services and a “Social Search” feature that displays what a user’s friends are saying about a specific query.

Today’s release makes it clear that Flock isn’t about to roll over and play dead to the competition presented by RockMelt. This is just the opening salvo of the social browser wars.

Read more at mashable.com

No comments:

Post a Comment